9) Buy plastic sheets to protect furniture and carpets as paint can very easily get through cotton dust sheets.
10) Keep all your tools and materials in the same place – so much time can be wasted running around hunting for tools.
11) When wallpapering make sure you have all the tools you need to hand at all times, you don’t want to be caught short holding the paper on the walls and not being able to reach your tools.
12) Always have a clean damp sponge with you when wallpapering and wipe excess paste off the front of the paper immediately as it can stain if left too long.
13) Have a little fitch brush handy so you can get into the fiddly areas.
14) Don’t buy cheap paint: it doesn’t go as far, it doesn’t cover as well, its harder to apply and it won’t last as long or look as good. It’s much more cost-effective to buy a good quality paint like Dulux.
15) Moving all furniture out of the room will speed things up immensely. If that’s not possible, move everything into the middle so you can work around it.
16) If you’re painting your front door make sure you do it in the morning as it will need to be left open and could take all day to dry. Otherwise you’ll find it will tend to stick around the edges.
Disclaimer: Your Decorator, and all agents, employees or other representatives thereof, will not be liable for loss or damage arising from use of the information provided. This comprehensive limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.